Statement of Services to Citizens
At the Ministère de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale, providing you with excellent service is our prime concern!
This Statement of Services was prepared for all Québec citizens who receive services from the Ministère and outlines our commitments concerning service quality. The Ministère intends to continue its work to improve the quality of services provided across Québec on an ongoing basis.
The Ministère contributes to Québec’s social development and economic prosperity by:
- taking steps to achieve a balanced labour market;
- fostering the development and full use of human capital;
- promoting solidarity and social inclusion;
- supporting joint action in community and volunteer initiatives.
Through Emploi-Québec, the Ministère provides services designed to:
- promote employment, develop manpower and improve the workings of the labour market in partnership with the Commission des partenaires du marché du travail;
- provide financial support for persons requiring assistance and for families;
- promote solidarity and social inclusion.
In keeping with its other responsibilities, the Ministère also provides services aimed at:
- supporting community action and managing the Québec Fund for Social Initiatives via the Secrétariat à l’action communautaire autonome et aux initiatives sociales;
- administering the Québec Parental Insurance Plan.
This Service Statement applies to the following target groups:
- all individuals, both employed and unemployed;
- all individuals and families whose resources are insufficient to meet their needs;
- community organizations;
- parents eligible under the Québec Parental Insurance Plan.